South African cannabis tours, seriously? Yes, the beautiful South Africa, a land rich in culture, heritage, and breathtaking landscapes, has recently opened its doors to a unique and culturally immersive experience for travelers – cannabis tours. With the decriminalization of cannabis in private spaces, these tours provide an opportunity to explore the beauty of South Africa while engaging with the local cannabis culture.
South Africa is also known for its stunning landscapes ranging from the iconic Table Mountain to the vibrant wildflowers of Namaqualand, is a haven for tourists seeking a blend of natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and diverse culinary delights. From savoring the flavors of bobotie, a traditional South African dish, to exploring the historic Robben Island, there’s no shortage of experiences to be had. Now, with the recent decriminalization of cannabis in private spaces, a new dimension of cultural immersion awaits travelers. Cannabis tours in South Africa offer an exclusive glimpse into the local traditions, practices, and lifestyle associated with cannabis, all while exploring the stunning landscapes and indulging in the local culinary offerings.
High Holidaze: The Ultimate Jozi Cannabis Adventure
- Immerse yourself in a 5-day educational tour in Johannesburg, locally known as Jozi.
- Delve deep into South Africa’s rich history, arts, and culture with guided tours that take you to the heart of the city.
- Explore the vibrant heritage of the nation through bicycle or Tuk-Tuk tours of Soweto, where you will witness firsthand the cultural diversity and historical significance of this area.
- Relax and unwind at the idyllic Hartbeesport Dam, a haven of tranquility and natural beauty.
- Travel back in time with a hike through the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage site that has produced some of the world’s oldest hominin fossils.
- Savor the flavors of South Africa with delicious home-cooked traditional meals and special infused treats that showcase the culinary prowess of the local chefs.
- Immerse yourself in the local cannabis community with visits to a 420 social club and a cannabis hub, where you can network with fellow enthusiasts.
- Experience life on a grow farm, where you will learn about the intricacies of cannabis cultivation and indulge in the plant’s offerings.
- Meet and learn from local cannabis activists who are at the forefront of the cannabis movement in South Africa.
- Help with finding 420 friendly lodging.
Blazing Trails: A Wild 420 Friendly Coast Adventure
- Explore the spiritual Wild Coast, a place that holds deep cultural and spiritual significance for the local traditional growers.
- Connect with the locals and immerse yourself in their rich culture and traditions.
- Take to the waves and experience the thrill of surfing on some of the most spectacular beaches in the region.
- Traverse stunning trails and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Wild Coast’s landscapes.
- Indulge in luxury with a stay at our bud and breakfast accommodations in Cape Town, where relaxation and indulgence are the orders of the day.
- Satisfy your taste buds with wine-tasting in the lush vineyards of the Western Cape and explore the breathtaking landscapes of Table Mountain and Cape Point.
- Indulge in carefully curated cannabis experiences in a safe and welcoming environment, ensuring a memorable and authentic South African experience.
Cannabis laws in South Africa
Laws Regarding Cannabis in South Africa Understanding the legal landscape of cannabis in South Africa is crucial for a hassle-free experience. The journey towards decriminalization began with Myrtle Clarke, Julian Stobbs, and Ras Garreth Prince, who took the government to court following a police raid in 2010.
Their victory in September 2018 marked a significant turning point, with the high court ruling in favor of decriminalizing the possession and use of cannabis in private spaces. This ruling allows individuals to use herbal cannabis or whole plant extracts in private spaces, while pure isolated THC remains regulated under the Medicines Act. The 1992 Drugs and Drug Trafficking Act still holds, criminalizing cannabis use in public spaces, with penalties ranging from one to two years in prison, and possibly a fine. Be sure to do your own checking to make sure you know all the laws you need to.
Embark on a culturally rich and immersive journey through South Africa’s unique cannabis culture with these tours. Just remember to respect the local laws and indulge in your favorite pastime in private spaces to ensure a safe and memorable experience.